0
Not a bug

GUI issue after an update to Aurion IDB Connector 4.1.3

Anthony Soquin 1 year ago in UNIFYBroker/Aurion • updated by anonymous 1 year ago 17

Hi,

After the update of the Aurion IDB Connector 4.1.3 from 4.1.0 on Identity Broker Service 4.1.0.

I have the following web page when I try to configure the connector:


Instead of :


I followed the following guide installation: https://unifysolutions.jira.com/wiki/spaces/IDBAUR41/pages/54165644/Installation

Do you have an idea from the root cause and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Affected Versions:
Fixed by Version:

Answer

Answer
Not a bug

The issue is caused by being on a DEV version of Identity Broker. Either upgrade to the RTM, or the latest v4.1.x.

What should understand from this answer?

I wasn't referring to the answer, I was referring to all the other comments that walk through diagnosing the issue.

Is that Identity Broker v5.1? NO, it's Identity Broker 4.1.0

 Could you confirm that the connector was upgraded to v5.1 : Aurion Connector has been upgraded fron 4.1.0 to 4.1.3

 and that the dll's are correctly installed into the Identity Broker web bin folder? I can't confirm the dlls have been correctly installed, I don't have the list of the dlls which should be installed during the installation of the MSI "UNIFY Identity Broker for Aurion v4.1.3 x64.msi"

Does the UI work for some period after a restart and then stop working? NO

 If that's the case a fix is available in v5.1.0 RC2 or greater.We can't update to 5.1.0 RC2, we have to keep using Identity Broker 4.1.0

Regarding the dll's, just that there are a few that contain the word "Aurion" in the web bin folder that is hosted by either the embedded web server or IIS (whatever you have configured), and that they are the same version as the version of the connector you installed.

Here the dlls I have in the bin folder:

All in version 4.1.3

I'll test this combination of installs shortly.

The combination of installs has worked for me.

I just had another thought, I recall a couple of instances where the wrong version of System.Web.Mvc.dll was installed (possibly due to Windows update). Please ensure that v3.0.0.0 was installed (here) or that there is a binding redirect to whatever version is installed.

Check here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET MVC 3\Assemblies

Hi,

I compiled the code provided by Microsoft from your link,  update the file in the directory then restarted the server. I still have the same error.

Details about the MVC file:


I installed "AspNetMVC3Setup.exe" on my machine from you link, here the details of the file:

The previous file on the Client's server was the same version that I have just installed on my machine.

What is the next step to fix the initial issue? Workaround?


Thx.


What code did you compile?

Did you check Jira before raising this ticket? I recall Bob having had this exact issue and fixed it with a binding redirect.

The next option would be to zip the Identity Broker installation directory (you don't have to include the configuration). This would rule out anything wrong with the install and leave just environmental issues (which you will hopefully rule out in the previous step).

Sry didnt see anything from Bob on Jira:

Yesterday, you provided me a link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4211&751be11f-ede8-5a0c-058c-2ee190a24fa6=True. In this link, there are 2 options download the setup file or download the source code. I did both with no success. 

Can you give me more details about the binding redirect, pls? Where should I configure that? What is the procedure?

This isn't specific to the Aurion connector - it's a UI issue that can impact any of the installed plugins. I don't recall which connector was at fault for Bob, except for it having this behaviour.

Ah, I had never seen the source for v3 of MVC!

The instructions on the binding redirect explain how the section works, there is already a redirect in the web.config for Identity Broker that you can update (so you don't have to figure out the public key). I've been testing locally to try and break it and fix it, but without a reproduction it's a little tricky.

Another thing to try while you're testing that and getting me a copy of your installation... copy my version (System.Web.Mvc.zip) into the web bin folder (make sure it's not zone blocked). You shouldn't have to, but if required update the MVC binding redirect to look like this:

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-3.0.0.0" newVersion="3.0.0.1" />

Gift for you Adam: https://download.microsoft.com/download/3/4/A/34A8A203-BD4B-44A2-AF8B-CA2CFCB311CC/mvc3-rtm-mspl.zip

The configuration was set up like this :


I copied the System.Web.MVC that you sent me in the folder C:\Program Files\UNIFY Solutions\Identity Broker\Web\bin and I updated the binding as following:

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-3.0.0.0" newVersion="3.0.0.1" />

The issue is not resolved.

Thanks, I'll try that now. Next step is your entire Identity Broker installation directory.

Answer
Not a bug

The issue is caused by being on a DEV version of Identity Broker. Either upgrade to the RTM, or the latest v4.1.x.