Tony Sheehy 11 years ago • updated by anonymous 7 years ago • 11
It is currently quite difficult to find the transformation you're after, namely:
- There are two "Multivalue relationship distinguished name generator" transformations.
- There is a "Date Relational Group" transformation, which is packed between the multi value transformations, and it's not clear that it's actually a Membership List transformation.
- The terminology for Membership List in and of itself might be worth looking at for the sake of usability; and in any case the regression test itself as "Group Membership
- The Multi-value relationship DN generator transformation should probably loose the 'DN Generator' part and just be "Multivalue Relationship" for the sake of brevity.
- The list of transformations is not currently ordered in any discernable fashion. (Either alphabetically or in order of expected amount of use).
- Some transformation logic is duplicated, with the only difference being the relationship being one-to-one vs many-to-many. Please remove the one-to-one keeping in mind backwards compatibility (from
With regards to transformation descriptions, it may also be worth including a use case for the transformation; for instance although the description of Is Operative pretty obviously explains what it does it is not immediately obvious what it can be used to do.
Customer support service by UserEcho
How about create groups (just a regular html drop down groups) for the different classes of transformations? ie the page structure in the Jira documentation. And then order in each group alphabetically. That way the group name can be removed from the actual name.
Date relational group has the name "Membership List" on its UI, which is the name of another transformation.
Not only should the transformation names be revisited, but also attributes and field names used throughout. The idea of left and right is no longer as clear as it once was when users would manually enter a left and right connector id per transformation. For instance, I have updated the membership list transformations "Left Side Group Key" field to "Group Target", which is a more straightforward explanation of what the field is. There are a number of transformations like this.
Updated description and priority.
Tony, please look at the following issues:
Transformation groups in the drop down. Items are ordered in the list alphabetically. Remove or rename duplicate Multivalue relationship distinguished name generator. Remove DN generator from transformation names. If they support one, it may be worth mentioning in the description.
Determine work required to merge transformations only differing by their relationships.
The only remaining work is merging/removing some transformations, which is neither required, nor worth the effort at this point in time.
There is some additional work here in porting over the updated transformation descriptions and use cases to each of the transformations.
The above comment should be looked at.
Please create a new issue for the removal/merging of transformations for v4.1.
IDB-749following requirements for merging related transformations.
The Date Relational transformations descriptions are repeated - this will need to be fixed when we update the descriptions and use cases for transformations.