I have a few thoughts around Identity Broker based on relatively recent interactions with the product. Hopefully I won't have doubled up too much with others or missed functionality that might already be there.
Over time I have seen quite a bit of work needing to be done in SQL to prepare or cleanse data prior to Broker (or straight ILM) being involved. This may just be simple views or complex changes. Currently views need to be developed still with Broker when things could perhaps be solved with a few common simple transformations such as:
- Trimming leading and / or trailing spaces
- Case changes (toupper, tolower)
DATA LOADING and management
- Ability to specify a query (akin to a SQL view definition) when retrieving data from a SQL repository)
- Ability to archive / age data out of the store so the connector space is reduced (e.g. if a record is inactive for more than 90 days don't present through to the adapter interface)
INTERFACE and OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- Ability search for individual records rather than having to return all adaper or connector space records
- More visibility of teh transformations (I think this has already been referenced but thought I would support it)
- Better scheduling. We need to be able to schedule daily and time based delta and full loads. i.e. akin to what is being delivered with the newer Event Broker.
- Timing: Please at least let us work in seconds (and minutes and hours) rather than "ticks"
- Better visibility around what is happenning and what is in the data repository
I am sure there are a few others, but this is a start.
Customer support service by UserEcho