0
Answered

A user-interface could not be located for this agent type.

Hayden Gray 2 months ago in UNIFYBroker/Google Apps updated by Matthew Davis (Technical Product Manager) 2 months ago 3

Hi Team,

We are currently doing environment updates at a site and at the same time updating their UNIFYBroker version from 5.3.1 Revision 4 to the latest version 5.3.4 but are running into issues. The customer also has the Google Apps connectors installed in there environment, but the latest version that I can see available which I have installed is 5.3.2.

The install is successful and the service starts however when validating components in the UNIFYBroker interface I noticed the following errors occurring.

On the Google Agents the following error is produced:

A user-interface could not be located for this agent type. The list of known types are:
Unify.Agent.FTP (FTP Agent)
Unify.Agent.SSH (SSH Agent)
Unify.Agent.SqlServerDatabase (SQL Server Database Agent)
Unify.Agent.OracleDb (Oracle Database Agent)
Unify.Agent.OleDb (Ole Database Agent)
Google (Google Agent)


On the Google Connectors the following error is produced:

A user-interface could not be located for this connector type. The list of known types are:
Unify.IdentityBroker.Connector.Google.Calendar (Google Calendar)
Unify.IdentityBroker.Connector.Google.DomainContact (Google Domain Shared Contact)
Unify.IdentityBroker.Connector.Google.OrgUnit (Google Org Unit)
Unify.IdentityBroker.Connector.Google.Group (Google Group)
Unify.IdentityBroker.Connector.Google.UserSettings (Google User Settings)
Unify.IdentityBroker.Connector.Google.User (Google User)
Unify.Connectors.PowerShell (PowerShell Connector)
Unify.Connectors.Direct (Database Connector)
Unify.Connectors.CSV (CSV Connector)
Unify.Connectors.Placeholder (Placeholder Connector)


I saw a similar issue mentioned on a previous ticket regarding Aurion connectors where an incorrect version was being used and I am figuring something similar could be happening here.

Thank you

Answer

Answer

Thanks Matt, that helped me find the issue.

Issues was the IIS site was pointing to the standaloneweb directory where it should be pointing to just the web directory. Repointing and doing an IIS reset got it working as expected.

Thank you

Under review

Hi Hayden,

As long as the major and minor connector versions match with the service (5.3), you shouldn't run into any version issues there (in 99.9% of cases). 

Is the web component hosted using the inbuilt component, or using IIS? The 'known types' are (confusingly) reported from the Broker service, so it seems like the service knows about the connector and agent types, but the web component can't find the plugins. 

A good place to start is to ensure that the plugin binaries are available in the applicable web area (IIS or inbuilt), ensure they're not blocked by antivirus or windows defender, and if you're using IIS make sure it's been appropriately stopped and started to try and ensure the binaries are loaded into the context correctly.


Let me know if you've tried all those things and we'll keep digging next layer down

Answer

Thanks Matt, that helped me find the issue.

Issues was the IIS site was pointing to the standaloneweb directory where it should be pointing to just the web directory. Repointing and doing an IIS reset got it working as expected.

Thank you

Answered

Thanks for the update Hayden - great to hear.

Technically IIS should point to the standaloneweb directory, but the binaries in that directory should align with the web directory (it's mainly configuration that would differ). 

As long as you're not swapping between the built-in web and IIS, it ultimately shouldn't matter though.