0
Fixed

SharePoint 2013 - Schema Discovery Issues

Richard Green 4 years ago in UNIFYBroker/Microsoft SharePoint • updated by anonymous 4 years ago 2

Hi Gents,

I've Started testing the existing SharePoint connector for compatibility with SharePoint 2013.

So far I've installed the 2010 web service into SharePoint and confirmed it's install via the install guide. https://unifysolutions.jira.com/wiki/display/IDBSP40/Installing+the+SharePoint+2010+WCF+Service

I've also installed the connector and performed a successful connection test with the existing agent.

The first issue I've encountered is around the schema discovery components. On attempting scheme discovery, the following error is thrown:

The schema for 'SPTest Connector' connector was not updated for the following reason: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: serviceContext (Fault Detail is equal to An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: serviceContext
at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileManagerBase..ctor(SPServiceContext serviceContext)
at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileManagerBase..ctor(SPServiceContext serviceContext, Boolean ignorePrivacy)
at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileManager..ctor(SPServiceContext serviceContext, Boolean IgnoreUserPrivacy, Boolean backwardCompatible)
at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileManager..ctor(SPServiceContext serviceContext)
at Unify.Connectors.SharePoint.SharePoint2010WCFService.UNIFYIdentityBrokerService.SharePoint2010UserProfileService.GetSchema()
at SyncInvokeGetSchema(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperation...).

I've discussed this with Shane, and will be submitting a Source Control request for access to the SharePoint connector repository. In the absence of Adam, I will be investigating this and any other issues that arise from integrating with the new version of SharePoint.

Affected Versions:
Fixed by Version:

Hi Richard Green, is there any update on this issue?

I've just notified you of a conversation on Yammer. But if you get hold of the following files out of the GAC (for SharePoint 2013):

  • Microsoft.Office.Server.dll
  • Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.dll
  • Microsoft.SharePoint.dll
  • Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ServerRuntime.dll
  • Microsoft.SharePoint.Security.dll

Either you or I would then be able to check if there are any breaking changes for 2013.

Thanks.

Hey Adam,

Forgot to update this.
Shane provided me with access to the SharePoint connector repository in your absence, and I rebuilt a copy of the connector with the SharePoint 2013 references.

This resolved the schema discovery issues, and imports were successfully tested. Exports will likely be tested in the next few days.

We'll need to coordinate to exchange the updated versions/dlls.