This is an item that has been referenced in a couple of other issues but requires its own issue so it can be tracked specifically. I have identified what I believe is a major problem with the Sharepoint Connector with Identity Broker. It relates to the fact that a case difference in the domain name (and perhaps the account name as well - unsure).
For example if the case changes or appears to change from say CN=T00000003539,DC=cad to CN=T00000003539,DC=CAD or the other way around, Identity Broker triggers a migration of the user profile. The result is that the Sharepoint Profile is deleted. We then ended up with what looked like duplicates in ILM - both with the same account name but one entry having the DN as the GUID rather than the correct account name - probably because Broker had the old value but was not able to confirm the new or something similar - not pretty.
Working with Peter Sullivan, we replicated the problem in a vanilla Sharepoint Install by doing the following:
1. Created a user in AD and running a Profile Import from MOSS against AD. Added some profile information against the user
2. Searched for the user and confirmed that they are in fact present
3. Running a profile migration as follows (BTW - you could have any combination of case including the same case):
stsadm -o migrateuser -oldlogin DEV\peter -newlogin dev\peter -ignoresidhistory
4. Searched for the user again - they were no longer present in MOSS
5. Ran another profile import against AD and the user re-appeared but with no profile information against them
Hence it appears as if this could be a major problem. It is no doubt a bug with the Sharepoint API's but it has catastrophic implications for the management of profiles. I managed to destroy over 700 profiles this morning in production when this happenned to occur.
Can you please investigate and attempt to reproduce? In the meantime I may revert the solution back to an account that does not have the priveleges to run a migration in order to stop this ocurring in production from now on, unless you have a tactical recommendation.
I have attached the logfile from Broker as well as the screenshot of the ILM view of things.
Customer support service by UserEcho