0
Not a bug

Error received while starting service after upgrade to v5.3.2

Hayden Gray 2 weeks ago updated by Beau Harrison (Software Developer) 2 weeks ago 4

Hi Guys,

I have just tried to perform an upgrade of Identity Broker to the latest version (5.3.2) from 5.0.4. I have encounter a couple of errors along the way and am now stuck trying to start the UNIFYNow service. Please see my list of steps/errors below.


1. Tried to update the service using the automatic update option.
2. Encountered a database error while installing:

3. The Service installer attempted to rollback the install but failed leaving the original service uninstalled and services directory stripped of exe files (this isn't the first time this has happened to see ticket https://voice.unifysolutions.net/helpdesks/9/tickets/3720-failed-upgrade-from-idb-510-to-unifybroker-531)

At this stage I got some help to resolve this by installing the service again (manually this time) and manually ran the SQL update commands. We then came to the conclusion at this stage the the installer must be using the service all that is running the installer to execute the database commands where in both of these cases the account does not have permissions to do so, only to IDB service account has permissions to do so.

4. After manual install succeeded I attempted to start the service and it failed.

Please see the below attachments for errors and config.

Thanks

Affected Versions:
Fixed by Version:

Answer

Answer
Not a bug

These binding are already included for newer versions, and the correct versions of these resources are embedded in Broker. Going to chalk this one up to a environmental issue regarding .NET and its resource loading.

Under review

Hi Hayden,

Looks like there are some binding redirects missing from the service configuration files. Voice messes up pasted XML, so I've attached a file containing the elements you need to add to the assemblyBinding in the *.exe.config files.

Also remove <add key="apiAddress" value="http://+:59991/IdentityBroker/" /> from the appSettings element.

additions.xml

Try adding this binding as well

<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="System.Net.Http" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral"/>
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.0.0" newVersion="4.0.0.0"/>
</dependentAssembly>

Hi Beau,

I've tried replacing the System.Net.Http with the following 2 assemblies and the service started working. So these two along with the dependencies you included in the additons.xml has got the service going.

<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Http" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-5.1.0.0" newVersion="5.1.0.0" />
</dependentAssembly>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="System.Net.Http.Formatting" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-5.1.0.0" newVersion="5.1.0.0" />
</dependentAssembly>

Thanks for the help!

Answer
Not a bug

These binding are already included for newer versions, and the correct versions of these resources are embedded in Broker. Going to chalk this one up to a environmental issue regarding .NET and its resource loading.