0
Answered

Aurion export failed "EMPLOYEE_NO expected"

Carol Wapshere 3 years ago in UNIFYBroker/Aurion • updated by anonymous 3 years ago 6

I am trying to export Fax_Number to an Aurion Person connector.

There are two connectors for Person and Employee. The Person connector is the primary one that links through to the Adapter; the Employee connector is joined via the Adapter.

The schema of the Person connector (as I've implemented it) is as follows:

- PersonNumber (Person_Number)

- ContactPhoneNo (Contact_Phone_Number)

- FaxNo (Fax_Number)

- GivenNames (Given_Names)

- PreferredName (Preferred_Name)

- Surname (Surname)


I did not include EmployeeNumber as I didn't think it was relevant to Person so that's probably my mistake - I can see it's listed in the Default Schema Provider. So firstly - do I ask the customer to add that to the Aurion query?


And next - do I map it to "EMPLOYEE_NO"?


As a doco suggestion it would help if the schema was listed in the doco along with which fields are required.

Affected Versions:
Fixed by Version:

Answer

Answer

Sorted out by adding Employee_Number to the Person connector's Aurion query. Initially I was not getting the data because I used the name Employee_No (as specified by that error message) but actually the query uses Employee_Number. Thanks to Ryan for suggesting I run the report directly in Aurion and inspect the resulting XML file.

Now that Employee_Number is populated in the Person connector my test export to Fax_Number has succeeded.

I have asked the customer to add Employee Number to the Person query. It was available there in his report builder UI, but after running the connector Full Import the value is NULL for all returned objects.

Another question - should I be updating the Contact_Phone_Number and Fax_Number through the Person connector or the Employee connector? Both attributes are listed in the schema for both connectors. I figured it was a Person export - should I actually be updating via the Employee connector attributes instead?

Guess it's not that. I tried mapping FaxNumber and ContactPhoneNumber through from the Employee connector instead but am now getting an error in the MIM MA that these attributes are read-only.

So I think I was correct to include them in the Person connector, and I need to update them in Aurion via the Person connector, but what do I do about it wanting EMPLOYEE_NO?

Under review

EMP_UPDATE_PERS, SEC_USER_ADD and SEC_USER_UPDATE are the API calls that are made, the Aurion documentation has details on how to find the fields that are updated. For the phone and fax fields, they are managed by the person connector.


Employee number is required by the API to perform the update, have a look at other Aurion queries that we've done to see how it should be configured. It's important that the person and employee objects are correctly modelled as per Design Considerations.

Answer

Sorted out by adding Employee_Number to the Person connector's Aurion query. Initially I was not getting the data because I used the name Employee_No (as specified by that error message) but actually the query uses Employee_Number. Thanks to Ryan for suggesting I run the report directly in Aurion and inspect the resulting XML file.

Now that Employee_Number is populated in the Person connector my test export to Fax_Number has succeeded.