0
Answered

ma-extension-error on Export from FIM

Carol Wapshere 3 years ago in PowerShell connector • updated by anonymous 3 years ago 15

I need some help troubleshooting an ma-extension-error. I am exporting changes from FIM through IdB 5 and out through a Powershell connector and every export shows ma-extension-error in FIM. When you check the details it just says "unexpected-error".


In IdB I can see the Powershell "Update" script is running all the way through to the final line (which logs a completion message in the IdB logs). Everything is in try/catch blocks with error logging, and there are no errors at all being reported. I've put in a lot of information logging and everything seems to be running fine in the script.


The IdB logs don't have any errors at all from the time the export ran. Because FIM thinks the export failed it keeps re-queuing the export.


Any idea what could be causing this error to be reported in FIM?

Affected Versions:
Fixed by Version:

Answer

Answer
Answered

Thanks Carol, Glad to hear you were able to resolve this issue.


It's disappointing that errors raised during the PowerShell connector export script weren't logged, I've added a bug to the backlog to improve the feedback for this.

Searching answer

Hi Carol,


Is there anything in the Windows Server Event Viewer related to this?

Just to confirm, is this the Identity Broker for Microsoft FIM agent or the Generic LDAP agent? Does FIM report any successful exports? Would it be possible to get a capture of the LDAP traffic (I can supply an executable for this)? Could you supply the relevant connector and adapter configuration and a rough list/description of the types of pending exports?

We're using the ECMA 2 MA to talk to IdB. This particular MA has existed for quite a while as it was in the Phase 1 solution. The MA itself has not been recreated though I have changed the flow rules. I have changed the scripts for the IdB Powershell connector quite a bit.


The pending exports are all Modifies and the same two attributes being changed.

> This particular MA has existed for quite a while
Can you please tell me which version the MA is? v5.0.1, v5.0.2, v5.0.3 and v5.0.4 all include bug fixes that might address this error. Upgrading to the latest v5.0.4 does not require re-creating the MA, it only requires placing the updated DLL into FIM's extensions folder so I would suggest upgrading and reattempting the export.

We're on 5.04. Ryan did the upgrade a couple of weeks ago.

Actually - I'm wondering if he didn't upgrade the MA DLL. Do you mean Unify.IdentityBroker.FIMAdapter.dll? The file version on that is 5.0.2.0.

Yes that is the correct DLL. As I said, the newest version is v5.0.4. You can install the new version and copy the new DLL across from the Identity Broker installation directory to the FIM Extensions directory.

We've got the same one in the C:\Program Files\UNIFY Solutions\Identity Broker\Microsoft.FIM folder. Did he perhaps forget to upgrade the FIM Adapter when he upgraded IdB?

Did you know that on the "About" page in IdB it actually lists the version as "v0.0.4"

Identity Broker for Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager is not upgraded automatically when you upgrade Identity Broker, it has a separate release cycle. You need to install the latest version from https://unifysolutions.jira.com/wiki/display/SUBIDBFIM/Downloads


>Did you know that on the "About" page in IdB it actually lists the version as "v0.0.4"

Thank-you for letting us know. This is a known issue that should be corrected in the next minor release.

Thanks will get onto that.

Still getting the ma-extension-error after updating the MA

Got it - it was a bug in my update script! I was using Compare-Object as the if clause, so it wasn't inside any of the try-catch blocks, and that was the problem. And I thought I'd done such a good job of error-checking everything...


Thanks for your help.

Answer
Answered

Thanks Carol, Glad to hear you were able to resolve this issue.


It's disappointing that errors raised during the PowerShell connector export script weren't logged, I've added a bug to the backlog to improve the feedback for this.