Using EvB 4.0, the display name property for a new operation list is not defaulted and the user is forced to enter a value:
- For an existing Operation List, select New Operation
- Select Operation Run Profile Operation / click CREATE
- Select Agent (if more than one agent) / click CREATE
- Select Management Agent / click CREATE
- Display Name appears blank with the field box in RED and the warning "The DisplayName field is required."
The behaviour for version 3..2.1 is as above for steps 1-4, but for step 5 we have:
5. Display Name appears with a checkbox, and by selecting the checkbox the default calculated display name could be overridden ... by not selecting this checkbox the default operation name is created, e.g. Management Agent: PHRIS - Run Profile: Delta Import.
The old v3 behaviour of defaulting the operation display name is requested to be reinstated, as this creates unnecessary work for the implementer. I suspect that the logic to do this is still there, but the UI change to make DisplayName mandatory has ensured that this can no longer fire.
Customer support service by UserEcho