0
Answered

EVB 4.0 Issue with IDB Changes Operation

Richard Green 10 months ago • updated by anonymous 10 months ago 2

Hi Gents,

Here's a new one - i'm having issues with the IDB Changes operation between EVB 4.0 and IDB 5.2

I have the default configuration.

Initially i was getting the following error:

Operation Check for changes in the External AD Events Adapter with id 331db65e-4d4d-48a0-b09f-a7247c7d3f15 failed in the operation list MIM - External AD Events MA - Incoming with id ddde4bd5-4173-419b-9388-92df3f10d705 for the following reason. This is retry number 0: System.InvalidOperationException: Could not find endpoint element with name 'IdentityBroker' and contract 'IChangesAvailableCollector' in the ServiceModel client configuration section. This might be because no configuration file was found for your application, or because no endpoint element matching this name could be found in the client element.
 at System.ServiceModel.Description.ConfigLoader.LoadChannelBehaviors(ServiceEndpoint serviceEndpoint, String configurationName)
 at System.ServiceModel.ChannelFactory.ApplyConfiguration(String configurationName, Configuration configuration)
 at System.ServiceModel.ChannelFactory.InitializeEndpoint(String configurationName, EndpointAddress address)
 at System.ServiceModel.ChannelFactory`1..ctor(String endpointConfigurationName, EndpointAddress remoteAddress)
 at Unify.Product.EventBroker.IdentityBroker50ChangesCommunicator.ChangesAvailable(Guid adapterId)
 at Unify.Product.EventBroker.IdentityBroker50ChangesPlugIn.Check()
 at Unify.EventBroker.PlugIn.Audit.CheckOperationAuditingDecorator.Check()
 at Unify.Product.EventBroker.OperationListExecutorBase.RunCheck(ICheckOperationFactoryInformation checkOperation)

So I added the following endpoint config in the service.event.exe.config:

<endpoint binding="basicHttpBinding" contract="IChangesAvailableCollector" bindingconfiguration="StreamingFileTransferServicesBinding" name="IdentityBroker"></endpoint>


Now, i'm getting the following:

Operation Check for changes in the External AD Events Adapter with id 331db65e-4d4d-48a0-b09f-a7247c7d3f15 failed in the operation list MIM - External AD Events MA - Incoming with id ddde4bd5-4173-419b-9388-92df3f10d705 for the following reason. This is retry number 0: System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'. The authentication header received from the server was 'Negotiate'. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Not something i've seen before...


Answer

Answer
Answered

I thought this had come up before (there's a matching ticket in VSO), but can't find it in UserEcho...

Please change the endpoint element to this:

<endpoint binding="basicHttpBinding" contract="IChangesAvailableCollector" bindingconfiguration="IdentityBroker4Binding" name="IdentityBroker" />

It'll be in the next release, not sure how it was missed. Thanks.

Answer
Answered

I thought this had come up before (there's a matching ticket in VSO), but can't find it in UserEcho...

Please change the endpoint element to this:

<endpoint binding="basicHttpBinding" contract="IChangesAvailableCollector" bindingconfiguration="IdentityBroker4Binding" name="IdentityBroker" />

It'll be in the next release, not sure how it was missed. Thanks.

Hah yeah i figured it out at the same time - that binding has the extra security element:

<security mode="TransportCredentialOnly">
            <transport clientCredentialType="Windows" proxyCredentialType="None" realm=""/>     
          </security>

As soon as I cut over to that it started working.

All good - cheers :)