Answered

Workday Identity Broker information

Werner Deysel 6 years ago in UNIFYBroker/Workday updated by anonymous 6 years ago 3

Hi,

I would like to know somethings about the Workday Identity Broker.

1. Does the Identity Broker honor the Workday +7 hrs time difference or does it ignore it?

2. What data gets imported via the Delta stages when it Imports it from Workday?

Would anyone be able to assist in finding out those questions

Kind Regards

Werner

Answer

Answer
Answered

Hi Werner,

1. Are you referring to the buggy/inconsistent handling of time-zones by Workday? If so, the connector accounts for it where we have noticed it being an issue. Currently this is on the Polling import calls (Worker and Organization - using the timezone offset setting), as well as the comparison against hire date and seniority date (uses a date comparison instead of time based).

2. I've added a note to the Usage section on the Workday Worker Connector.

Thanks.

Answer
Answered

Hi Werner,

1. Are you referring to the buggy/inconsistent handling of time-zones by Workday? If so, the connector accounts for it where we have noticed it being an issue. Currently this is on the Polling import calls (Worker and Organization - using the timezone offset setting), as well as the comparison against hire date and seniority date (uses a date comparison instead of time based).

2. I've added a note to the Usage section on the Workday Worker Connector.

Thanks.

Thanks Adam for the response,

Where do I configure that setting for the time-zones for Workday in the broker?

I would love to get the info when HR updates Workday and then when the next Delta runs it has the updated info, since my biggest headache is the TerminationDate, ContractEndDate values in Workday, for Contractors.

Would I need to create a custom transformation rule for just those 2 values on the Schema or is that a setting that is configured globally?

Also what is that Effective Offset value on the Workday Connector, ours is currently 60 days, is that how far back the Broker looks into Workday for active accounts?

The timezone setting was added for your implementation, so it should have been documented by the project. Please speak with Support if you'd like any more information on this.

To get the future dated values for those fields, you might need to play with the Offset Fields and/or Subsequent Fields settings. It's completely dependent on which fields Workday happens to populate and when (inconsistent/mixed use of temporal tables).

Effective Through (as defined by Workday) - Defines the latest Effective Date (e.g. As Of Date) data is marked within the Workday system.

The offset will be applied to the current moment in time - so in your case it'll be 60 days into the future.