EVB 4.0 Assembly Load Issue

Richard Green 7 years ago updated by anonymous 7 years ago 7

Hi Gents,

I'm having an issue with event broker at the moment:

Image 4419
Image 4421
Stack trace from Event Log:

Event code: 3005 
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. 
Event time: 14/07/2017 10:36:36 AM 
Event time (UTC): 14/07/2017 12:36:36 AM 
Event ID: a852df8e00cb40e4a34b31600dea2fca 
Event sequence: 2 
Event occurrence: 1 
Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 
    Application domain: b7cf9837-1-131444661896298544 
    Trust level: Full 
    Application Virtual Path: / 
    Application Path: C:\Program Files\UNIFY Solutions\Event Broker\Web\ 
    Machine name: REDACTED

Process information: 
    Process ID: 5640 
    Process name: Unify.Service.Event.exe 
    Account name: REDACTED

Exception information: 
    Exception type: TypeInitializationException 
    Exception message: The type initializer for 'Unify.EventBroker.Web.EventServiceClientInstance' threw an exception.
   at Unify.EventBroker.Web.MvcApplication..ctor() in C:\agent\_work\23\s\Source\Unify.EventBroker.Web\Global.asax.cs:line 33
   at ASP.global_asax..ctor()
Could not load file or assembly 'Unify.Framework.Collections, Version=5.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84b9288cb2633de4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at Unify.Framework.TimingGenerator..ctor()
   at Unify.Framework.Logging.LoggingEngineClient..ctor(ILoggingEngineCollector collector) in C:\agent\_work\1\s\Source\Logging\Unify.Framework.Logging.Engine.Shared\LoggingEngineClient.cs:line 25
   at Unify.EventBroker.Web.EventServiceClientInstance.CreateComponent(EndpointAddress serviceEndpointAddress) in C:\agent\_work\23\s\Source\Unify.EventBroker.Web\Extensions\EventServiceClientInstance.cs:line 53
   at Unify.EventBroker.Web.EventServiceClientInstance..cctor() in C:\agent\_work\23\s\Source\Unify.EventBroker.Web\Extensions\EventServiceClientInstance.cs:line 32

Request information: 
    Request URL: http://localhost:8081/ 
    Request path: / 
    User host address: 127.0.0.1 
    User:  
    Is authenticated: False 
    Authentication Type:  
    Thread account name: REDACTED

Thread information: 
    Thread ID: 236 
    Thread account name: REDACTED
    Is impersonating: False 
    Stack trace:    at Unify.EventBroker.Web.MvcApplication..ctor() in C:\agent\_work\23\s\Source\Unify.EventBroker.Web\Global.asax.cs:line 33
   at ASP.global_asax..ctor()

Custom event details:

Not sure what's going on here. This worked previously as i was able to apply the license, however this is the first i have used it since.

I've restarted the browser, service and server with no change.

Service account is a local admin, so there should not be any permissions issues.

Running the latest version (4.0) 

Running on windows server 2016.

I note also that Unify.Framework.Collections.dll is present in the web\bin dir, and it is version 5.2.1.0 (different from the 5.2.0.0 in the error message, although i expect that's just the display...)

Cheers

Richard

Answer

Answer

It is the recommended approach and the embedded web server has been deprecated (as per http://voice.unifysolutions.net/topics/2721-configuring-mim-event-broker-for-use-with-embedded-web-server/).

We're hoping IIS fixes the issue because it means that there's no further work to be done. If, however, the issue remains, we'll have to do some analysis. This issue has come up before, but was either fixed by IIS, or just stops without explanation.

Under review

Hi Richard,

Are you able to swap to IIS?

Yes i should be able to switch it over to IIS. Is the issue only with self hosting?

Is that the recommended approach these days? Also is this

Answer

It is the recommended approach and the embedded web server has been deprecated (as per http://voice.unifysolutions.net/topics/2721-configuring-mim-event-broker-for-use-with-embedded-web-server/).

We're hoping IIS fixes the issue because it means that there's no further work to be done. If, however, the issue remains, we'll have to do some analysis. This issue has come up before, but was either fixed by IIS, or just stops without explanation.

Thanks Guys,

I actually have to re-deploy onto a different dev server anyway, so i'll be able to deploy into IIS at the same time. Will keep you posted if there are any further issues.

Yep - this has been running fine under IIS. I also like the fact that the interface recovers faster after a service restart :)

In case anyone comes across this and is not yet able to move to IIS, the workaround (which needs to be applied every restart) is to remove temp ASP.NET files (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms366723.aspx), which is by default (on x64 machine):

%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files